Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Screw engine/ trans / rear diff / electrical issue/

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Shotgun freak

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2015 Screw engine/ trans / rear diff / electrical issue/

So I was very happy to buy my new dark red super crew with the sport package. Until 2300 miles when I had a 5h to 4 th downshift that was so hard it stalled the truck and locked up the rear tires and left me skidding for about 20 feet down the road. The at around 4700 miles the 5.0 has developed a VERY loud tick/ knock in the valve train only while engine is cold. Last week I have now lost the entire my ford touch in the dash as it won't even light up anymore. And today's tried to use the 120 outlet in the back of the truck and it does not work. The one in the front of the truck works fine.

I have been to the dealer about the trans and they can't recreate the problem and have told me that they can't fix it if nothing wrong. I went to the deal about the valve knock and was told that is normal for the 5.0( I call bull ****) I have not had the pleasure to take it in yet for the radio and outlet problems.

My main question is how do I contact ford customer service directly to talk with someone about taking this truck off my hands and replacing it for me? This is outrageous that you pay 47,000 for a truck and have had this many problems before the 5000 mile mark.

Last edited by RichardCheese; 09-08-2015 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Edit: Oh forgot my e-locker doesn't work. The dealer is willing to fix this one issue though
Old 09-08-2015, 10:00 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by DickCheese
So I was very happy to buy my new dark red super crew with the sport package. Until 2300 miles when I had a 5h to 4 th downshift that was so hard it stalled the truck and locked up the rear tires and left me skidding for about 20 feet down the road. The at around 4700 miles the 5.0 has developed a VERY loud tick/ knock in the valve train only while engine is cold. Last week I have now lost the entire my ford touch in the dash as it won't even light up anymore. And today's tried to use the 120 outlet in the back of the truck and it does not work. The one in the front of the truck works fine.

I have been to the dealer about the trans and they can't recreate the problem and have told me that they can't fix it if nothing wrong. I went to the deal about the valve knock and was told that is normal for the 5.0( I call bull ****) I have not had the pleasure to take it in yet for the radio and outlet problems.

My main question is how do I contact ford customer service directly to talk with someone about taking this truck off my hands and replacing it for me? This is outrageous that you pay 47,000 for a truck and have had this many problems before the 5000 mile mark.

Ford has customer service representatives on this forum and there may be a section just for Ford Service as well. They can help escalate your issue with your dealer. But you've found out how it works, if the servicing dealer can't see or replicate the issue they can't fix it. If you have error codes they can trouble shoot those according to the manufacturers service procedures.

I understand how frustrating this is, been there myself, but working with the dealer is about it. Perhaps someone else may have other avenues they can suggest.

Good luck and stay safe!!

Quick Reply: 2015 Screw engine/ trans / rear diff / electrical issue/