Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Platinum Leveled

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2015 Platinum Leveled

Hey all -

I recently moved from a 2013 Platinum to a 2015 about a week and a half ago. Thanks to everyone on this forum, I was able to do quite a bit of reading and go through mods once the truck arrived, without much issue. I wanted to keep the truck simple and clean, which included:

- AS 2.5" leveling kit in the front, 3" in rear
- FS 1.5" wheel spacers
- BFG K02 285/65/20's
- Front window tint
- Fog light and license plate LED replacement
- Kicker speakers - four doors and center (huge improvement)
- EcoBoost IDS sound disabled
- Rear Tonneau cover

As others have mentioned with similar mods, photos don't do the truck justice. With the level and tires, it reminds me of a cool looking Tonka truck. I love it. This truck sits a little higher than my 2013 (which had 2.5" in the rear and shorter 305/55/20 Hankook tires), which is perfect. It's the ideal height without having to jump to a bigger lift setup IMO. Between this setup and the Ecoboost (I had V8's in my last two F150's) it makes the truck an absolute blast to drive - especially in Sport mode. I do quite a bit of towing, so I'm looking forward to trying that out with the extra torque.

As for things remaining to do, I would still like to add the rear wheel liners, especially with seeing white in the wells. Aside from that, I'm extremely happy so far. I was going to debadge the FX4 logo, but I don't know - I actually don't mind it. Also, might remove the front air damn - not entirely sure yet.

One note - in reverse, I do have a little rub on the front tires. If I went with coilovers, I imagine that would remedy the issue, but for now I'm looking at clearing a little room by opening up the crash bar ever so slightly. The look to me is worth the little bit of added work.

Thanks again to everyone here for the wealth of information - especially that trick with turning off the fake engine noise. If I can help answer any questions (not that I've done anything special), please let me know. Happy to pay it forward for the great info I've gained here.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Platinum Leveled-2015f150_01.jpg   2015 Platinum Leveled-2015f150_02.jpg   2015 Platinum Leveled-2015f150_03.jpg   2015 Platinum Leveled-2015f150_04.jpg  
Old 11-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Shut up and Fish

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks great! I have the same truck. Lose the stickers.

Those tires noisy?
Old 11-28-2015, 03:55 PM
F-150 Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks great! I have the same truck as well. I may be in the minority, but I like the stickers...

In any case, I have the BFG TA KO2 in 275/55/20 - kind of wishing I went with the 285/65/20's honestly...that will be my next set of tires.

Surprised to hear that you have rubbing - I have seen several threads where people mentioned having them on a stock (no lift / level) truck with no rubbing.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fissues
Looks great! I have the same truck. Lose the stickers.

Those tires noisy?
Negative. They don't sound louder at all. They ride like the stock tires, only taller - and better in the snow so far.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by blairian
Looks great! I have the same truck as well. I may be in the minority, but I like the stickers...

In any case, I have the BFG TA KO2 in 275/55/20 - kind of wishing I went with the 285/65/20's honestly...that will be my next set of tires.

Surprised to hear that you have rubbing - I have seen several threads where people mentioned having them on a stock (no lift / level) truck with no rubbing.
Cool. Yeah I like the bigger/taller tires for sure. I went back and forth on trying something even bigger, but that would require more lifting. And after having these mounted up, it's perfect.

Well I think I fixed the rubbing. Loosened one of the bolts earlier this afternoon on each side, took a mallet to the crash bar a few times and that pushed it forward enough to free the rubbing. Easy fix.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:54 AM

Added WeatherTech mats up front and the Husky rear wheel liners as well. Makes a big difference, cleaning up that area above the tire. I'll take some photos and post.

Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Just wanted to say great looking truck! Trying to decide what to do with my tuxedo black plat. in terms of level/tires. Great photos!
Old 12-26-2015, 03:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great looking truck. Did you need the spacers with that size tire or did you just want them pushed further out?
Thanks
Old 12-26-2015, 05:30 PM

Thanks Aces.

Atl, I didn't need them, but I definitely preferred the look with them pushed out a bit. Completely worthwhile, IMO. I look at stock ones on the road now and they appear much more recessed within the wheel wells.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ekraft,
Thank you. Wondering if you could weigh in on the issues with spacers; if any. One of my local off road shops doesn't like to add spacers;they feel they are not safe and the truck could lose a wheel. This doesn't make much sense to me. Also, I have read about at least 10-20 members who also have spacers with no issue.
Thanks for the feedback.

Quick Reply: 2015 Platinum Leveled