Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Owners with 2" to 3" Coilovers, please chime in. I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2015 Owners with 2" to 3" Coilovers, please chime in. I need your help!

Hello all,

If you have coilovers, please list what you have, the height it's set at, what size tire and what offset you have.

I posted yesterday that I have 275/65/R20's on a +12 offset wheel and I have rubbing. I need to lift the truck, but I want the best STREET ride possible. I never offroad the truck.

It sounds like the Fox set up rides great, but I'm concerned that 2" of lift isn't quite enough. Please list what you have! Pics are icing on the cake.

Also, please tell me if I'm wasting my money and would be better off with a level kit. I'm concerned that a 2.5" level will hurt the ride too... Anyone level the front, add blocks and shocks in the back?
Old 08-10-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I have a 15 f150 with a 6" BDS suspension lift with fox 2.5 coilovers with reservoirs in the front and 2.0's in the rear. I am very pleased with the ride quality over all. Fox claims these are adjustable for about 2.5" of lift. But the higher you crank them the rougher the ride gets unless you have them re-tuned for the new set up. The biggest thing with the fox upgrades is that you loose the super plush Cadillac ride that it comes from the factory with and you get a firmer ride but pot holes and rough roads get quite a bit smoother and the vehicle stability greatly increases and you pretty much loose all of the trucks body roll. Another thing to keep in mind is that these shocks ride pretty rough till they break in at about a 1000-1500 miles on them but they do get a lot smoother. My previous truck was a 2012 f150 and I started with a 2" leveling kit and then went with a 2.5" leveling kit. I didn't think it really changed the ride though. I think it was all in the tire set up and the extra weight from my replacement bumpers. On both of my trucks I run 35" 10 ply mud terrain tires. Nitto mud grapplers on my 2012 and toyo M/T's on my current truck. I did however notice when I changed leveling kits that the polyurethane made one rode smoother than the aluminum made one did. I don't do much off-roading in my trucks but with hunting, fishing, and just living in the country in general I enjoy being able to just get in my truck and go anywhere I need to go and not have to worry about anything.

Quick Reply: 2015 Owners with 2" to 3" Coilovers, please chime in. I need your help!