Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 lariat w/ vibrations at hwy speeds

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 10:14 AM

Received 69 Likes on 34 Posts

Default 2015 lariat w/ vibrations at hwy speeds

I have a 2015 F-150 and just rolled 39000 miles. Had my oil changed/tires rotated about a month ago and have been on two road trips since. I haven't had any issues until after this oil change. All is fine and dandy until I hit 75mph and a small vibration. Bump up to 76 and it gets considerably worse and at 80 it feels unsafe. Not sure exactly how the warranty works after that initial 36000 miles and I want to take it in to have it looked at but want to know what my options are. I recently moved for a new job that required a significant pay cut to get into a new career path and expendable cash is not there for significant repairs. This oil change was my first at this ford dealer in my new town. Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 08-14-2017, 10:34 AM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

You keep mentioning the oil change this/that, but the thing that sticks out to me is the tire rotation.
Did they rebalance, or just rotate?
Old 08-14-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by chimmike
You keep mentioning the oil change this/that, but the thing that sticks out to me is the tire rotation.
Did they rebalance, or just rotate?
I told them to rotate and to my knowledge rotate is all they did. I know the oil change is not relevant. I've just noticed the issue since the oil change that included the tire rotation.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:46 AM

Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

I would take it back and have them check balance. These days they use the stick on wheel weights not the old style clamp on ones. Highly possible that a weight came off and you have a wheel or two out of balance.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by phenrichs
I would take it back and have them check balance. These days they use the stick on wheel weights not the old style clamp on ones. Highly possible that a weight came off and you have a wheel or two out of balance.
I'm going to take it back to the dealership today when I get off work and see what they'll do. I've got another 1000 mile round trip coming up this weekend and do not want to be vibrating the whole time.