Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 grille variety.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 03:03 PM

Received 333 Likes on 214 Posts
Default 2015 grille variety.

After many sessions of reviewing auto show reveals, Ford websites, and media and forum photos, I finally thought I had the ability to identify a 2015 F-150 trim level by examining the grille only. It basically came down to noting that each of the five trim levels was configured with a separate and distinguishable iteration of 3 or 5 horizontal bars in chrome or monochromatic finishes. Everything seemed to be fitting into place until I noticed that there are photos of XLTs with 3 different grills, i.e. a chrome 5 bar and two 3 bar (one black, one chrome) with the side honeycomb inserts. Then, there are various lower grill/facia/bumper configurations, some with shutters to accommodate the EB engines.

This exercise initially came about when evaluating the opinions of some that the F-150 looked like Brand X or Brand Y, then wondering which of the several F-150 grilles they had in mind when making the comparison to another brand.

BTW, I've noted that many online pics of the 2015 F-150s have misidentified the trim level being discussed, e.g. the badging and grille clearly identifies the truck as a Lariat, but the commentator/writer/caption is referring to a different trim.

Quick Reply: 2015 grille variety.