Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.

2015 Dash Warp?

Old 03-25-2015, 08:01 PM

Default 2015 Dash Warp?

Um, wondering if anyone has seen this on their truck. The dash molding up by the defrost vents is deforming a bit on both driver and passenger sides. It's causing a small clipped in plastic part to separate from where it's supposed to be flush. Sorry for the picture quality but it was quick. Bad lighting but you should be able to see what I'm talking about. Im getting concerned with all these little issues. I kinda want my old truck back...
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Dash Warp?-image-2787241443.jpg  
The Following User Says Thank You to nix150 For This Useful Post:
digitaltrucker (05-21-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 08:02 PM

App will only allow one pic at a time.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Dash Warp?-image-3555138006.jpg  
Old 03-25-2015, 08:13 PM

I'm kinda leaning to not take delivery of my truck and wait until all the bugs are worked out and then get one.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:02 PM

So, I'm taking my truck in on Monday, and they said Ford gave the approval to fix it. They want to replace the whole dash. Not surprising, but the service rep said he's worried a bit about it. He thinks that it may do it again...so, I'm wondering if anyone else is or has seen this on their truck??? If not, then maybe (hopefully) the fix will stick...
Old 04-09-2015, 04:12 PM

The piece right up against the defrost vents has not separated on mine like it has on yours, but if you look at the next panel line (toward the driver) where the instrument panel cowl comes down and meets the top of the dash, that line is not straight (it is that way on mine too). I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be a curve on the dash or not. If you press down on that "hump", it flexes down with ease as it is very thin there. That hump is repeated on the passenger side as well. If the dash is supposed to be complete flat there, then it appears that mine is starting to do the same thing yours is.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:13 PM
LONE STAR

Originally Posted by nix150 View Post
So, I'm taking my truck in on Monday, and they said Ford gave the approval to fix it. They want to replace the whole dash. Not surprising, but the service rep said he's worried a bit about it. He thinks that it may do it again...so, I'm wondering if anyone else is or has seen this on their truck??? If not, then maybe (hopefully) the fix will stick...
I wonder why the Service Rep is saying that the dash may warp again? Not exactly a vote of confidence. Good thing you have warranty
Old 04-09-2015, 08:18 PM

I think his concern was that it is thin there and there is no real place to anchor or clip anything. He sent a bunch of pictures to Ford, and they said to replace it. But if others are seeing this "hump" too than he's probably right. It's going to do it again. Replacing requires a ton of work. Basically tearing out the dash and swapping all the electronics airbags etc. he just knows that I'm extremely fussy and picky and fears that this will be an on going issue that we just might wait for Ford to find a better solution or redesign- which he says happens more than you'd think. Ive worked with dealer for a long time, they treat me pretty well. Im going to take it in and see if we can't just re-tape the edges and see if that works for the separation. The humps are another issue. We'll see. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:00 PM

Thanks for letting us know about this nix. Hope ye get'er done.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:04 PM
MGD
former member

Originally Posted by Dirt 1956 View Post
I'm kinda leaning to not take delivery of my truck and wait until all the bugs are worked out and then get one.
The one thing about insects - there's a never-ending supply....

Made for humans, by humans. Minutely scrutinized by fastidious humans.

MGD
Old 04-09-2015, 10:17 PM

Just wondering: is your truck sitting in the sun all day, everyday?

Not that this should matter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Dash Warp?

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: