Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

15 XL climate control stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 06:58 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 15 XL climate control stopped working

I started installing my double din in my 150 f150 this weekend. I thought I didn't mess with anything too much but when I put it all together my ac controls didn't work and my airbag light is on dash but not the one right under the radio. That one uses the same board that the climate controls connected to.

Both red wires on plug on right are getting power, haven't checked the other plug yet. I'm wondering if the factory amp has to be hooked up or something because these two plugs are all I have hooked back up (along with the ribbons connecting boards) I have checked fuses for Climate Head Module, and In car temperature with humidity sensor. I didn't see one for passenger air bag but I'm assuming it links back through this one board..
Old 03-13-2017, 08:17 PM

Received 1,146 Likes on 717 Posts

Vehicles are no longer as simple as they seem. My XLT has manual climate controls but I there is still some automatic intervention. It automatically switches to recirculate if the outside temperature goes above 75. It also seems to control the temperature coming out the vents because it's the first manual system i've used that I don't constantly have to fiddle with the heat. I put the **** in one spot and it stays pretty comfy. Don't know about the XL but my XLT seems to be a semi auto system so messing with all those control boards and the radio head unit may have interfered with something.

And if the airbag light on the dash is on that means that all of the airbags may no longer be functioning and will not protect you in a crash.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the exact same issue. Any update on the cause of the problem or how to fix?
Old 05-03-2019, 03:23 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

didn't see this one. i just posted on the same issue. Its weird....everything works great but i am wondering if it's a control module that died?
Old 05-07-2019, 04:39 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Just an update guys. I found my issue was the ribbon cables. Checked continuity and they were good. For the 5th time when I put it back together I switched the cables so the contacts were facing a different way at the circuit board and voila...power and no airbag light.

Might be be something for you to check...I was 100% sure I had it right according to the instructions but they were in wrong.

Tony