Topic Sponsor
Painting and Body Work Discuss any body work or painting issues here.

Tailgate Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailgate Help

Had a little accident this weekend. Trailer came up and put a decent size scratch and slightly dented tailgate. So I have a few questions about my options. 2017 Ford SuperCrew XLT FX4
  1. Can I remove the tailgate without any issues? I heard a rumor that I could have issues with camera resyncing to truck or something?
  2. If I find a used tailgate, will any 15-17 work? And can I swap the tailgate step, camera, and light? Or does the used tailgate need to have any of these features?
  3. Or is the better option to have it repaired? It doesn't seem to bad, but with being aluminum, I wasn't sure.
  4. Am I safe taking it to any repair shop or is there something I should look for. I've heard a lot of rumors about the aluminum.
FYI - the picture makes the dents look worse than they really are.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Tailgate Help-0.jpg  
Old 11-13-2017, 06:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by pipes51
  1. If I find a used tailgate, will any 15-17 work? And can I swap the tailgate step, camera, and light? Or does the used tailgate need to have any of these features
If you want to swap the step...you need a tailgate with step..they are not the same with or without step

If it was me I would have it repair