Topic Sponsor
Painting and Body Work Discuss any body work or painting issues here.

HELP replacing 09 rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP replacing 09 rear bumper

Need help taking off my rear bumper it looks like it comes in 2 pieces so it would be the left side,I been looking for pics on it on how to take it off and replace it on google & youtube without any luck,also need help removing the black insert that sits on top of the bumper.The one I am taking off is the left side.
Appreciate any help you can give me to get started.
THANKS
Old 03-15-2014, 09:26 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

All Ford bumpers are similar in that they share the same style of assembly. The black plastic pieces are mounted through square holes in the chrome with tabs that are moulded to the black covers. They are removed by pinching them flat while prying up. This best done off the truck if possible. Just prying up will work but you stand a chance of breaking them off. Use this LMC catalog as a reference to disassembly. Good luck http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fe/full.aspx?Page=20
Old 03-17-2014, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marc D
All Ford bumpers are similar in that they share the same style of assembly. The black plastic pieces are mounted through square holes in the chrome with tabs that are moulded to the black covers. They are removed by pinching them flat while prying up. This best done off the truck if possible. Just prying up will work but you stand a chance of breaking them off. Use this LMC catalog as a reference to disassembly. Good luck http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fe/full.aspx?Page=20
Thanks for that input thats all I needed to no ,I didn't no if I needed to remove the whle bumper or not,now all I got to do is find a left bumper without the hole in it.
Thanks Again

Quick Reply: HELP replacing 09 rear bumper