Topic Sponsor
Suspension

King, Icon or Fox

Old 03-27-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default King, Icon or Fox

I am in the process of starting a raptor conversion on my 06 f150. I am starting with suspension and not sure which coilovers to get. I do lots of offroading and the streets here in Calgary are the worst. I like a nice smooth soft ride so what would you suggest for coil overs. I can thinking icons 2.5, fox 2.5 or king 2.5. Any tips would be great! I really want some raptor take offs for the rear but am having some trouble finding some.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you're really doing a conversion with raptor suspension parts, you have to get 3.0s for a raptor. Icons are the best, but I'll just say "you get what you pay for."
Old 02-02-2015, 11:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All 3 brands are great products, the Kings being velocity dampened are best suited for hardcore/race situations. The Foxs which I run are highly recommended for daily drivers with the added benefit of position sensitive dampening which essentially gives you 3 zones, the top and bottom zones are great for the extreme travel/droop scenarios while the middle zone handles the mild (typical driving) travel.

If you go with the foxs you'll feel a dramatic difference right out of the driveway. Less springy, bouncy rebound instead more predictable and controlled.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd base my decision on how much you will use them for intended purpose. That will justify or not spending extra cash on more expensive parts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: King, Icon or Fox