Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Average Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap

I did a search for engine swaps and didn't see anything for what I am looking for.

Can you drop a 351/460 etc into a 2004+ truck without switching the tranny, xfer case etc? I don't want a carburated engine, just a decent motor (that you can work on without 10K in special tools) without all the hassle of these damn 3v motors.

I still love my truck but dang it I am tired and grouchy after the spark plugs tonight.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

in a word.....no.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:03 PM

Call Advanced Adapters they may have something that could help you. If they don't I am sure they could build you an adapter plate to work.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:19 PM
none.

An adapter plate would be the least of your concerns if you actually wanted to do this swap.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Average Joe

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
An adapter plate would be the least of your concerns if you actually wanted to do this swap.
What I am looking for is a fuel injected Ford V8 that would bolt up to the tranny. The wiring is something I could do myself.

The spark plug issue seriously put me off on this motor. I am seriously considering getting rid of the truck. I love it, but the motor has really put a damper on my happiness with this generation of trucks.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 PM
none.

Originally Posted by Brattonr
What I am looking for is a fuel injected Ford V8 that would bolt up to the tranny. The wiring is something I could do myself.

The spark plug issue seriously put me off on this motor. I am seriously considering getting rid of the truck. I love it, but the motor has really put a damper on my happiness with this generation of trucks.
besides another modular motor, you are SOL. Honestly, your total judgement of the truck based on the spark plugs, I found to be quite frankly astounding. Just get rid of it and buy something else.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:34 PM

i will buy it im looking for an 04 and up...seriously though the 5.4 3v in my opinion dominate those old BB.

Trending Topics

Old 04-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Average Joe

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
besides another modular motor, you are SOL. Honestly, your total judgement of the truck based on the spark plugs, I found to be quite frankly astounding. Just get rid of it and buy something else.
I'm just frustrated with the whole spark plug design. Even following the TSB the darn things break off. Next time I will take the entire top half of the motor off and save some time and headache.

I love the Ford trucks. They ride great (except when the front end shakes or vibrates... but that is another thread) and look great. But anyone who thinks $2000+ for spark plugs at the dealer is something you should just accept is drinking the cool aid.

Last edited by Brattonr; 04-20-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 AM

I like cool aid
Old 04-19-2009, 06:23 PM

im a mechanic have no special ford tool to change the spark plugs and i do them all the time. all you gotta do is grab your ***** and get through it! you apparently dont like the truck enough because you wouldnt be complaining if you really liked it, you should just go out and buy a chevy like all the other **** ford guys.

Quick Reply: Engine swap