Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

13 tranny issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 tranny issue

So the transmission is acting up, so I did a search on the forum to see if anyone else has had this issue. Doesn't sound like it, so here I go. About a month ago I pulled into the grocery store, got what I needed, took about a half hour maybe a little longer. Anyway I get into the truck and start to leave the lot when it feels like it has no power, I thought wth? I look at the dash to see it's in 5th gear already.. So I get to the stoplight, turn the corner it goes into first gear and won't shift out? After going down the street a couple blocks it shifts up through the gears. I take it right to the dealer that is only a few more blocks up the street. The tech says I must have bumped the manual button.. I say nope I did not. So I head home. For the last few weeks it was fine, so I think maybe I did do something, bump the button or whatever. Then this Monday as I am going back to work from home, it does it again. I take it in to the shop and of course they say it won't shift odd or anything for them, they have until yesterday and swear two or three of them have driven it and it won't throw a code or anything. So I pick it up, go to get some food come out and it shifts from first right to fifth! I am starting to get frustrated, if I pull into traffic it can't get up to speed that's dangerous. I also pull a camper in the summer and sure don't want to be stranded with the wife and kids. Just wondering if anyone else may have had this issue? Just today I went into work for a couple hours, and when I left it locked into first for a little ways revving up pretty good. Then after a few seconds shifted out.. Anyway any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Fuzzman
Old 05-18-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

My 13 tranny shifted like a bitch. So clunky and unpredictable I traded it on a Ram 1500 with an 8 speed. Now that's one hell of a tranny there. Buttery smooth and always in the right gear. My 14 Ford also had a great tranny in it. Nothing like the 13. I can only hope my 15 has a good one in it.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:59 AM

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

Go to the dealer.

Quick Reply: 13 tranny issue