Topic Sponsor
5.4L Discuss the 5.4L here.

Engine Shuddering

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Shuddering

Have a 2000 5.4L with 123K on it. Got ready to leave this morning for work, and truck was shuddering as I was backing out of my driveway. I stopped and put it in neutral, shudder still there, but more intense when it is in gear. Went through the 4x4 selector to make sure it hadn't somehow gotten put in 4 mode and stuck there. Usually on cold mornings I let it warm up for a few minutes, but today was about 55 degrees, so I just hopped in and started to go. I have had this truck for 3 months and driven it pretty much everyday. I have had no issue with this truck until this morning I will say that yesterday morning I had to get gas on the way to work, at a station I never get gas at. Low fuel light was on for about 6 miles. Could it be something as simple as bad gas, or condensation in the tank, even though the truck ran smooth as silk all the way to work and home again last night? It was fine when I shut it off last night, and now out of nowhere, its doing this. This isn't just a little vibration either, I mean this feels like I'm driving down a gravel road, when I'm in neutral at a stand still. As of right now, check engine light is not on. I just didn't have time to do anything with it this morning, I just hopped in my car and went to work, so I need some advise on what to look at tomorrow. Any ideas?

Last edited by crackerbear; 12-07-2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: added check engine light note.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same problem I replaced all the plugs and coils. This still did not fix the problem. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has he fuel filter been changed. With the miles on the truck if original it may be full of trash in it.

Quick Reply: Engine Shuddering