Topic Sponsor
5.0L Discuss the 5.0L engine here.

Blower Choice

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 07:23 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Blower Choice

Okay I am in a debate between which blower to run on my truck. Whipple has their 2.9 and TVS currently has a new TVS Gen IIR blower that they are using on the Mustang. I have spoken with VMP and the new TVS will fit in our trucks with some modifications. I know the Whipple is a bigger blower and I know the new TVS make big torque down low and thru the mid range. I was wanting some input from those of you who have run these blowers on a 5.0 F150 or even in the Mustang GT. My truck is lifted with 35s and I will only be running 93 octane and maybe occasionally E85. My supporting modifications will be ARH equal length headers and a true 3inch due exhaust.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The question is how much power do you intend to make? That will decide what blower to go with. If your not wanting big power and you are on a stock motor, the TVS will work fine. I hear this question so much. They are all good blowers. If you want something you can grow into later, go with a bigger blower.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Just realized what the date was on this. My bad
Old 09-18-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

okay, well I am going to go with a whipple 2.9 install. The question I have is should I be replacing the oil pump gears also? I have heard that they are a weak point and tha there are some billet options out there that one should go with if they are putting in the supercharger?

Any feedback appreciated....
Old 11-01-2017, 11:59 AM

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 2intense
okay, well I am going to go with a whipple 2.9 install. The question I have is should I be replacing the oil pump gears also? I have heard that they are a weak point and tha there are some billet options out there that one should go with if they are putting in the supercharger?

Any feedback appreciated....
Sory for the language, but this dude knows what he is talking about (just a little foul language lol).

Short answer is, no.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:00 AM

Received 1,556 Likes on 990 Posts

I haven't heard of a single opg failure in the truck. The rare few that happened in the cars were making more power at higher rpm, and many of those coincided with missed shifts and/or hitting the rev limiter.