Topic Sponsor
3.5L EcoBoost Engine Discuss the 3.5L EcoBoost engine.

P2309

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2309

I have a 2011 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost with 115K miles. I've been dealing with an issue with my truck for over a year now. The issue began in April of last year as soon as it started to get hot and humid here in Oklahoma. The symptoms only present when it is hot/humid and the A/C is on. The CEL is currently lit and gives P2309. I notice it most when I am driving around town where I encounter stop signs and lights, lots of stop and go.

The first thing I notice is that the A/C starts blowing warm air, then the truck has a loss of acceleration power and will shake when I give it gas. I have also noticed that during the power loss I can have it up to 3K RPMs and it will not properly shift gear from third into fourth and up.

The winter before this began I had the spark plugs changed at the dealer at 80K miles. I have had the truck for the last six years and have maintained it very well with regular fluid changes, etc. I have ensured all of my plugs are gaped in spec and are not fouled. I have swapped all of my coils to help rule out the low voltage condition as indicated by the P-code, all are working and have good continuity.

I've had it to two different local Ford dealers in this time frame. They both "can't find the cause". I’ll be honest upfront and say that I am not the most mechanically inclined guy out there, but I know enough to get by. I am at a loss at this point. Any help/advice you can give would be great. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by okiepa
I have a 2011 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost with 115K miles. I've been dealing with an issue with my truck for over a year now. The issue began in April of last year as soon as it started to get hot and humid here in Oklahoma. The symptoms only present when it is hot/humid and the A/C is on. The CEL is currently lit and gives P2309. I notice it most when I am driving around town where I encounter stop signs and lights, lots of stop and go.

The first thing I notice is that the A/C starts blowing warm air, then the truck has a loss of acceleration power and will shake when I give it gas. I have also noticed that during the power loss I can have it up to 3K RPMs and it will not properly shift gear from third into fourth and up.

The winter before this began I had the spark plugs changed at the dealer at 80K miles. I have had the truck for the last six years and have maintained it very well with regular fluid changes, etc. I have ensured all of my plugs are gaped in spec and are not fouled. I have swapped all of my coils to help rule out the low voltage condition as indicated by the P-code, all are working and have good continuity.

I've had it to two different local Ford dealers in this time frame. They both "can't find the cause". I’ll be honest upfront and say that I am not the most mechanically inclined guy out there, but I know enough to get by. I am at a loss at this point. Any help/advice you can give would be great. Thanks.

Did you ever figure this out?

Quick Reply: P2309