Topic Sponsor
3.5L EcoBoost Engine Discuss the 3.5L EcoBoost engine.

P0430 Code and O2 Sensor Bank Locations

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0430 Code and O2 Sensor Bank Locations

I have a 2013 3.5L V6 Ecoboost. Continuing to get P0430 Code: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2. Can anyone tell me:
1. Which side is Bank 2 (Driver/Passenger) .
2. What could be causing this code.
3. If it is the O2 sensor, which one would it be, Up/Down stream.
4. Is checking the exhaust temp before the Catalytic Converter, with the theory being that exhaust pipe coming out of the converter should be hotter that than the pipe before the converter, a good indication that the converter is working properly.

Thanks for any and all advice.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:50 PM

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by abntrpr
I have a 2013 3.5L V6 Ecoboost. Continuing to get P0430 Code: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2. Can anyone tell me:
1. Which side is Bank 2 (Driver/Passenger) .
2. What could be causing this code.
3. If it is the O2 sensor, which one would it be, Up/Down stream.
4. Is checking the exhaust temp before the Catalytic Converter, with the theory being that exhaust pipe coming out of the converter should be hotter that than the pipe before the converter, a good indication that the converter is working properly.

Thanks for any and all advice.
A properly functioning cat will be 100 degrees hotter on the outlet.

I don’t know which bank is which.

Some people try to replace the Downstream O2 sensor, clear the code and drive the truck to see if the light stays off and if the monitors set. If it works, you saved a ton of money. If it doesn’t, your buying a cat. Make sure there are no exhaust leaks. This can cause the code to appear as well.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same issues. I replaced all four O2 sensors one year ago and replace the drivers side CAT at the same time. The issue is back again about 4 months ago, but I kept putting it off. How can you check the O2 sensor readings with a standard diagnostic tool. I can see the downstream O2 sensor voltages, but the upstream sensors don't show that way.
My diag tool does not indicate any misfires.

Quick Reply: P0430 Code and O2 Sensor Bank Locations