Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

ugh, but I did get some work done

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ugh, but I did get some work done

So the plan for today was easy enough, put in my new steering box,change the fuel filter. Well got the old one out without having to remove the steering, except the arm of course. Go to put the new one in, and the threads are all boogered up. So up on the bench, retap the three holes. Ok back under the truck. Wrestle it in place, go to put the arm back on and ain't happening. So off with the wheel, take the rod down, and all is good. Bleed the sytem still have play in the wheel. Gotta be the column EVERYTHING is new. On to the fuel filter, 5 minutes right? FAIL. After putting my new high tech fuel line tool to use on my rear tank, figure it would go easy. As it turns out someone else was in there, 210K, and the lock spring on the inlet is all mangaled up. Well I was able to kinda straighten them and out it back together. Won't lock on the filter but not leaking so gonna keep my fingers crossed. Well my 1.5 hour project just sucked 4 hours outta my life. The upside? Now I can finally move on to fixing my front tank sender, and finally cosmetics.

Quick Reply: ugh, but I did get some work done