Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

thought id share (pulley setup)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default thought id share (pulley setup)

i have seen custom pully setups for the 4.9 on here but never for the 5.0l. so i thought id share mine.

took off the idler pulley, the AC pump and the smog pump. i replaced the belt for a good year gatorback #4060660.

i had to actually slide the belt on, becuase as you can see the tensioner is already bent as far back, mind you it is very snug, and is actually a bit of a pain to get slid on there. my only concern was that it would brush up against the torx bolt on the tensioner pully and shred, but so far there hasnt been a problem!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Swap the alternator bracket one from a Mustang and it moves tensioner to the top. I changed mine out when I did the 3g conversion. And if needed, actually can use all the mustang brackets and any pulley set they run.

And when I swapped to 351, I kept the truck AC/PS set-up and reused the mustang alt bracket. And the mustang alt bracket is the same as earlier bronco's and F150's. From mid 80's to late 80's and possibly early 90's. Alt bracket like I have my truck is what I am referring to..

My set-up..

Quick Reply: thought id share (pulley setup)