Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

random chime

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default random chime

i have a 1993 f150 and i had to replace my steering column this past weekend. since i put my new to me one in even with the key out and the truck off, the chime sounds. it sounds like the when you leave your lights on and open the door chime. it doesnt drain my battery or anything like that, but its just obnoxious. any tips on what to check or what to do to make it go away? minus pulling the fuse because that kills my dome light too.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:42 AM

Hmm, mine chimes when it shouldn't sometimes and it seems to be because the lock cylinder is out of alignment with the outer tabs that go around the key... I'm not familiar with the mechanism there, but I'm sure that's where your problem is... some contact is closed or open when it should be opposite.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by nemesiss45
Hmm, mine chimes when it shouldn't sometimes and it seems to be because the lock cylinder is out of alignment with the outer tabs that go around the key... I'm not familiar with the mechanism there, but I'm sure that's where your problem is... some contact is closed or open when it should be opposite.

i'll yank mine out today and see if i can see a problem. if i see a fix i'll let ya know asap

Quick Reply: random chime