Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

pics of my truck and exhaust exit opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pics of my truck and exhaust exit opinions

Here are some pics of my truck. I recently put exhaust on my truck it has a single cat in it that runs a 6 ft peice of three inch exhaust pipe to a cherry bomb single in dual out single chamber muffler that has dual 2.5 inch tail pipes coming out the bumper as you an see in the pics. the truck is loud and has a awesome tone but its all out the back of the truck. I cant hear it when i drive it even with the windows down. But its stupid loud when you stand behind it. i want to hear it more when i drive i just love that sound. so i was thinking about putting a 90 in each pipe bring them out behind the tires but then i got to thining i have a 3 inch body lift im putting in it and the pipes will sit way to low once its body lifted. so i thought about putting 45s on it but not sure how it will look either. So any thoughts?

Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did long headers and 3 inch H pipe out the side infront of back tires with a flat rectaingle tip.. sound and looks great to me..!pics of my truck and exhaust exit opinions-big-red-11.jpg
Old 01-11-2012, 03:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i never liked the look of the exhaust going straight back, our bumpers sit too low so you can see all of the piping, so thats why i did a 45 degree on each side.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:23 PM

if you really want to hear it inside of the cab, then have the pipes exit IN FRONT of the rear tires. the exit will be much closer to the cab so you will hear it a lot better
Old 01-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by greenmachine95
i never liked the look of the exhaust going straight back, our bumpers sit too low so you can see all of the piping, so thats why i did a 45 degree on each side.

I dont like it either but im concerned that even if i 45 it once i put the body lift in the pipes are still going to hang to low. Im pretty sure i can get the pipe up about 2 maybe 3 inches with out tweeking evrything out of whack. Its already suspension lifted 3 inchs so that make the pipe even more visible.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:28 PM

if you really want to hear it inside of the cab, then have the pipes exit IN FRONT of the rear tires. the exit will be much closer to the cab so you will hear it a lot better
that thought crossed my mine to but the front gas tank i would think would make that hard to do also.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:36 PM

did you do the exhaust yourself or did you have a shop do it?

and as far as the gas tank issue goes, i dont think there would be an issue, many people have run pipes out in front of their rear tires, but you could ask combatusa b/c it looks like he has the exhaust you and I are talking about

the exhaust sitting 2 or 3 inches lower than earlier, won't be too bad, just make sure that you put some good looking exhaust tips on and people shouldn't mind . im sure you or the shop (depending on which one you answer) could somehow bend those pipes up a little to make it look better.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:47 PM

did you do the exhaust yourself or did you have a shop do it?

and as far as the gas tank issue goes, i dont think there would be an issue, many people have run pipes out in front of their rear tires, but you could ask combatusa b/c it looks like he has the exhaust you and I are talking about

the exhaust sitting 2 or 3 inches lower than earlier, won't be too bad, just make sure that you put some good looking exhaust tips on and people shouldn't mind . im sure you or the shop (depending on which one you answer) could somehow bend those pipes up a little to make it look better.
I did it all my self im a mechanic and at link brothers ford in northern wi. We can bring our vechicles in and work on them one weekend evry 2 months kinda cool. but the pipe bender we have sucks *****. the tail pipes on my truck are stainless i dont want to mess them up to much if i dont have to.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had no problems bringing mine infront of my tires at all.. just bent them right after the muffler.. Sounds GREAT!!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by adamst
I did it all my self im a mechanic and at link brothers ford in northern wi. We can bring our vechicles in and work on them one weekend evry 2 months kinda cool. but the pipe bender we have sucks *****. the tail pipes on my truck are stainless i dont want to mess them up to much if i dont have to.
That is pretty cool. I would just attempt to use the pipe bender, but when bending it to come out the sides, try bending it up a little bit too (if thats possible). if you are truly concerned about the look of your pipes and people seeing them, then you could always paint them black so that they blend in better and are less noticable

Quick Reply: pics of my truck and exhaust exit opinions