Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

No Brake Lights or Hazard Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default No Brake Lights or Hazard Lights

I have a 92 F150 and do not have brake or hazard lights. I do have running lights and turn signal lights.

I found a 15 amp fuse in the engine compartment that was blown, replaced it and still no luck

What else would cause this?
Old 03-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

My 87 had the same problem and it would blow the brake light fuse everytime I used the brake. Turned out to be the wires on the harness were rubbing the steering wheel shorting it out
Old 03-07-2014, 05:28 AM

Received 112 Likes on 109 Posts

Only 2 ways to find electrical problems. Start changing bulbs and plugging and unplugging wires until you stumble across the solution or get a multimeter and start from one end testing for voltage, ground and short circuits. Follow the wiring back according the the diagram until you find the culprit. The first step is to search for a diagram and look at it. Just follow the flow like water. Voltage must go through the load then to ground. If it finds a short to ground it will go that way and no light.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i figured it out

There was a fuse blown in the engine compartment and the inside. That got the lights working but they were dim. I changed the flasher and got better rhythem from the hazards. But found alot of resistance where the trailer wire plugs into the "T".............took the T off, cleaned up all connections and reinstalled with Di-Lectric..............badda bing...............resistance normal and much brighter lites

Quick Reply: No Brake Lights or Hazard Lights