Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

New Diff Cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Diff Cover

Hey guys! its me again. This time I have good news! I got me a Ruff Stuff Specialties Differential Cover. Its really thick and really strong. It has a drain and fill plug, and it is pretty. This really helped me out with the whole stuck fill plug on the diff housing problem. And if you ever need one id recommend it. Took some longer bolts but its all good. Ill take pictures tomorrow. I think it goes well with our trucks!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics would be great - even a link to some info?

I've been fighting the fill plug too - and putting off a fluid change until I can get the plug to break loose (not sure how much PB Blaster I have to use).
Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 AM

Alien that's the same problem I had, and i was going to drill it, but couldn't find another plug to go in its place, so instead of screwing up the whole housing and potentially getting another rear end, I went with this.
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...ver-p-180.html
And there's a lot of extra work to be done. If you have more questions just pm me or ask here. Its a doozie but I think its worth it.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Quick Reply: New Diff Cover