Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Need help 1993 f150 300 inline 6

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help 1993 f150 300 inline 6

Hi i have a 1993 ford f150 with the 4.9l 300 inline 6. Has 159k miles. So ibturned my truck around and it died. At first i checked everything snd thought it was the fuel pump so i replaced the fuel pump and still nothing and wouldnt come on. If i jumped the wire in where the relay was the pump would turn on. But not with the relay. The relay works i checked it and it opens snd closes everytime. I then found that my ecm was bad had a blown compositor. So i ordered a new one put it in and cranked it over ran for a few seconds really rough and shut down. Fuel pump was still not kicking on. I jumped wire and it then blew the 20 amp fuse. What coukd cause the relay not to engage to prime fuel pump and run it but would if jumped. Im stumped im going to replace the 20 amp fuse and try snd turn it on again. Also if snyone knows if there is reboot sequence thank you all in advance.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:15 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

IDK what you mean by "ibturned my truck around and it died" - we need more info about the truck's history, the SYMPTOM's history, and all the truck's details (which belong in your signature as this caption explains):

(phone app link)

The EEC is not a computer - it doesn't "boot". If it works, and it's plugged into a working engine, they will work - no special procedure. Stop replacing parts and jumpering relays. Replace the blown fuse, and rent/borrow/buy a fuel pressure gauge, as this caption describes:

(phone app link)

If the fuse blows again, it means there's a significant fault in that circuit - if you can't find it, pay someone who can. A stereo/alarm shop is a good place to go for automotive electrical diagnosis, repair, & modification.

The EEC will not turn on the FP relay until:
1) the key is cycled to RUN (the EEC turns on the relay for ~1 sec each time);
2) the EEC detects a signal on the PIP circuit indicating the engine is spinning. Read these captions:

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

Quick Reply: Need help 1993 f150 300 inline 6