Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

injector size for built 302?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injector size for built 302?

Hey everyone im new to this site. I have a 1995 f150 that sits on a 1990 f250 frame. (i wrecked both trucks so i put the good parts together). The truck currently has a 302 with 145,00 miles. I recently purchased a rebuilt 302 that is bored to a 311 and is supposed to have 300+ hp. I also have a gt40 intake manifold off of a 5.0 explorer that iam planning on using on that engine. I have a bigger mas air flow sensor and a set of 24lb injectors, but im not sure if i should use those or the stock ones with the new engine? Any reccomendations or advice on anything about this swap would be helpful.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 24's should be ideal for that application.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:02 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

Sounds pretty good. Not sure about a stock Fuel pump/regulator set up pushing them though.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi-Rev Motorsports

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts

I think I would fin out what exactly the engine is or you'll be hunting all over the place for the fuel curve...

but if it's been punched out (over bored) that isnt gonna justify bigger injectors nor is an intake swap...cam maybe...but with the stock heads 300hp is a pipe dream at best...

even with a cam swap 300hp isnt gonna happen and a higher lift/duration cam is going to kill low end torque...

good luck....
Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 AM

Heres the description from the ebay auction i bought it from--
I started with a used 1980 302 truck block, .060" oversize, honed, brass freeze plugs . I used SpeedPro cast flat top pistons for about 9 1/2- 1 compression, cast rings, -.010"/-.010" ground crankshaft, new FRPP 6200-M50 connecting rods, King Alecular rod and main bearings, a Melling timing chain set, a freshly glass-beaded Fox Mustang timing cover, a FRPP 6600-M50 oil pump, FRPP 6605-B302 chromoly oil driveshaft, a cleaned and repainted 50-ounce harmonic balancer with a NAPA sleeve to ensure no front seal leaks, a cleaned and repainted 1988 5.0 Mustang oil pan with level detector (not the newer ones without the level detector), an Edelbrock Performer 351w (same firing order as the 5.0)camshaft .448"/.472" lift and flat-tappet hydraulic lifters, new pushrods, E7TE heads-freshened, Viton positive lock stem seals and Edelbrock Performer valvesprings installed (also eliminated the large rotators on the exhaust side), and uses the factory stamped rocker arms
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wink

Originally Posted by dr_bowtie
but if it's been punched out (over bored) that isnt gonna justify bigger injectors nor is an intake swap...cam maybe...but with the stock heads 300hp is a pipe dream at best...

even with a cam swap 300hp isnt gonna happen and a higher lift/duration cam is going to kill low end torque...

good luck....
Hmm... this is riddled with issues.

Over bored and intake will NOT require larger injectors, a cam ABSOLUTELY will. Stock heads = 300HP pipe dream? GT40 heads are "stock" and can easily produce nearly 400HP. I think we need to find out what "stock" heads they have before we jump to conclusions.

Higher lift/duration is going to "kill low end torque"... well that's a relative topic, unless your pulling tree stumps with your truck for a living, low end torque is nearly useless, torque is just what get's ya going, horsepower is what wins the race!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:30 PM
American Pride!!

Originally Posted by hackersmovie
Hmm... this is riddled with issues.

Over bored and intake will NOT require larger injectors, a cam ABSOLUTELY will. Stock heads = 300HP pipe dream? GT40 heads are "stock" and can easily produce nearly 400HP. I think we need to find out what "stock" heads they have before we jump to conclusions.

Higher lift/duration is going to "kill low end torque"... well that's a relative topic, unless your pulling tree stumps with your truck for a living, low end torque is nearly useless, torque is just what get's ya going, horsepower is what wins the race!
Bahahahaha! You just opened up a Giant can of worms!!! Yeah OK, torque is useless huh? Have you ever drove a diesel or maybe ever built a stroker and felt the difference torque makes? These are heavy trucks not stock cars or Jap wagons.

Trending Topics

Old 12-01-2009, 08:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wink

Originally Posted by swampfishin
Bahahahaha! You just opened up a Giant can of worms!!! Yeah OK, torque is useless huh? Have you ever drove a diesel or maybe ever built a stroker and felt the difference torque makes? These are heavy trucks not stock cars or Jap wagons.
I have drove a diesel (my pop has a 02' F250 with a 7.3L). Heavy trucks? Not really. We're not talking Kenworths here, they need torque to get the heavy load a movin'!

My "torque is useless" comment was in context of the OP. It didn't seem like his FrankenF150 was going to the truck pulls next weekend so, yep, I'm sticking to my "torque is useless" guns.

It has a place and priority based on the vehicle and task at hand....

Baaahaaahahhahha!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:02 PM
American Pride!!

Originally Posted by hackersmovie
I have drove a diesel (my pop has a 02' F250 with a 7.3L). Heavy trucks? Not really. We're not talking Kenworths here, they need torque to get the heavy load a movin'!

My "torque is useless" comment was in context of the OP. It didn't seem like his FrankenF150 was going to the truck pulls next weekend so, yep, I'm sticking to my "torque is useless" guns.

It has a place and priority based on the vehicle and task at hand....

Baaahaaahahhahha!
Oh Im sorry, you just explained everything. You're The Winner!!! One day I will probably look back and think damn I just thought I knew what I was talkin about!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Mother Trucker

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you find you have to run 24 lb injectors you will need 160lph fuel pumps to feed those. The stock pumps cant produce the volume you will need.

Quick Reply: injector size for built 302?