Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Ignition Problems, CEL no codes,no power

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 06:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ignition Problems, CEL no codes,no power

I have a 1994 F150 5.0 XLT and I first noticed I had a problem when my Ignition lock cylinder came out in the run position and im not sure that tbis could exactly cause my problem but every now and then I'll be driving and my check engine light will come out, truck will have no power (cant even start off in drive from a dead stop) and it'll be missing at idle. Sometimes I can cut the truck off and restart and it'll be fine for a while and sometimes I have to do that multiple times almost as if something is not making the right connection where the lock cylinder goes. Sometimes it will try to cut off almost like i turned the key off and also overdrive does not work when it is messing up. After it happened multiple times I pulled the cylinder out and got looking around in there and i noticed that the little brown plastic piece with the metal tab on it was just sittin in the bottom of my steering column so I put it back it goes and the problem went away for a long time. Then a few days ago it came back so i pulled my cylinder out while running and messed around with the brown piece and after a few tries it fixed it. Someone told me my ignition switch could be out of adjustment but I'm stumped as of right now. Any help would be great.

Last edited by jonsto426; 08-20-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:10 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Try buying a new ignition lock cylinder. Hopefully that may fix it.

Quick Reply: Ignition Problems, CEL no codes,no power