Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

hypertech module

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 03:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default hypertech module

I found a hypertech computer module on summitracing.com for 229 dollars and i wanted to know if it would be worth it especially since ive heard that my computer cannot be programmed because i dont have obd2 and my truck is a 92 f150 with the 4.9 this is one of the few chips ive found for this truck so i am trying to find some advice on whether to buy it or not and i have an auto trans and it says it will make it shift smoother but in the application section of the product it says manual trans so im not sure any advice is appreciated.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:12 AM
broke white boy

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

worthless. might as well buy one of those 50hp plugins from ebay for 20 bucks. or an electric intake fan turbo lol
Old 08-24-2011, 10:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wwerner
I found a hypertech computer module on summitracing.com for 229 dollars and i wanted to know if it would be worth it especially since ive heard that my computer cannot be programmed because i dont have obd2 and my truck is a 92 f150 with the 4.9 this is one of the few chips ive found for this truck so i am trying to find some advice on whether to buy it or not and i have an auto trans and it says it will make it shift smoother but in the application section of the product it says manual trans so im not sure any advice is appreciated.
The module for the 92 F150 4.9 manual trans will not work for the automatic trans. I just do not have a module to work for your truck with the automatic. Thanks for your interest.
Gary @ Hypertech
Old 08-24-2011, 10:48 AM
broke white boy

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

do a search on timing bumps. it is free unless you want to upgrade the ignition system with a highoutput coil. performance wires and new plugs(copper), and a new cap and rotor with brass ends.

dont buy into the hype of piggy back chips. all they do is fake out the computer and get the computer to adjust the timing curve for you. but the factory computers wont adjust the timing that much. even with the piggy back chip.

just like a throttle body spacer on our fords is useless,

Quick Reply: hypertech module