Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Gas pedal hard to push

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Justcallme Auto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas pedal hard to push

I just got a 92 F150 with a 302/5.0 motor. We sprayed the throttle body with brake cleaner because my gas pedal is a b**** to push down. Is their a way to fix this or would I have to replace the throttle body itself?
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You said you spreayed the throttle body itself? From under the hood are you able to move the throttle with the cables attached? If NOT, remove the cable from the throttle body (it should just pop off, kinda like a ball and socket) and see if you can move the throttle. It shouldn't be tight, and should spring back into place with ease. If it does, it ISN'T the throttle body. I would then check the pedal with the throttle body still unhooked. If the pedal seems to be "sticking or too hard to push, then you know it is the pedal and its hinges. Then if applicable pray with some lubricant on the pedal hinges and whatnots. Check to see if anything is broken or twisted down there. Then recheck with the cable connected. IF it is still tight, then maybe the cables are bad and need lubricated or replaced. Just figured that if you take it methodically, you could narrow it to the exact problem. Hope this helps.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Justcallme Auto

I will definatly give those idears a shot after work today. And I will post what goes on. I appreciate it.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Justcallme Auto

Well I am not very good when it comes to working on cars..... I couldnt manage how to take off any of the cables connected to the TB. So il get one of my buddies who can get it done and maybe see if I can get this problem fixed. Thanks for the advice and whenever I get a chance il update.

Quick Reply: Gas pedal hard to push