Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

F150 wannabe

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F150 wannabe

Hello all,

I've had a VW for the past few years but I'm needing to move on to something, well, a little bigger. I move around A LOT and it's been a tight squeeze getting everything into a little car.

Anyways, I'm looking at F-150's from '89 to '96, and right now I'm looking at a '96 with 200,000 KM, 5.0, standard cab/bed.

I was wondering if anyone knows what I should be looking for before buying, such as common issues that might not be easy to detect? I know my way around my VW and I'm hoping to know my way around a new F-150. Just wanna know what to look for right away without finding it out later on.

Any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to get the truck!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:06 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky37
Hello all,

I've had a VW for the past few years but I'm needing to move on to something, well, a little bigger. I move around A LOT and it's been a tight squeeze getting everything into a little car.

Anyways, I'm looking at F-150's from '89 to '96, and right now I'm looking at a '96 with 200,000 KM, 5.0, standard cab/bed.

I was wondering if anyone knows what I should be looking for before buying, such as common issues that might not be easy to detect? I know my way around my VW and I'm hoping to know my way around a new F-150. Just wanna know what to look for right away without finding it out later on.

Any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to get the truck!
No common issues, that is alot of km Thats like what 160,000 miles. Unless its a great deal I would shy away from something that high mileage/KM as a daily driver.

Quick Reply: F150 wannabe