Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Hi new here to the forum, I've had my 91 5 speed f150 since Christmas and I'm already looking to get a new dual exhaust set up that comes out of the back with angled tips but since I have the dual fuel tanks I can't figure out a way to run the pipe out the back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Chillywilly94; 06-12-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chillywilly94
Hi new here to the forum, I've had my 91 5 speed f150 since Christmas and I'm already looking to get a new dual exhaust set up that comes out of the back with angled tips but since I have the dual fuel tanks I can't figure out a way to run the pipe out the back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
You can run both tips out the passenger side, get it custom bent, or there's a few companies out there that make a dual system that exits out the back w/dual tanks but no spare tire. I'm a do-it-yourselfer that would want a kit, but it's worth it to get an exhaust shop to bend custom pipes.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Executive Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Already? Its been six monts lol jk man but you can run them both down the passenger side then at the back run one over to tge drivers side thats how most if not all people do it.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:22 PM

I guess I've been over thinking this like I always do, I didn't think of Running it over to the drivers side, I never really liked the look of a dual exhaust both out the passenger side. I was hoping to avoid involving an exhaust shop in this because that just sounds expensive but I suppose that's the way I'll have to go. Any suggestions on a muffler?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:25 PM

No sorry my bad I'm an idiot and I must've misread something, that originally was my plan to run it down the passenger side and then out the drivers side but the fuel tanks take up a lot of room and I'm not sure I could get a pipe to go between the axle and bed but I will bring it to an exhaust shop to see what they think
Old 06-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Executive Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

No sorry my bad I'm an idiot and I must've misread something, that originally was my plan to run it down the passenger side and then out the drivers side but the fuel tanks take up a lot of room and I'm not sure I could get a pipe to go between the axle and bed but I will bring it to an exhaust shop to see what they think
IMO you can run it across behind the axel its not gona do anythng to that tank. And for a muffler id say Flomaster 40 series but ( i dont have one lol)

Quick Reply: Exhaust