Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Crew Cab 150

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Cool New Guy

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Crew Cab 150

I've been looking at picking up an F-series truck. I used to own all Fords, and have had several Rangers, and an Explorer, but haven't owned one for a couple years. I'm in need of a truck and have always like the early to mid 90's style f-series, but I've also been looking at the '97+ trucks.

Anyways, I found a '94 Crew Cab F-150 in what looks to be great shape. I haven't looked at it in person yet though. I've only seen a crew cab in a 250 before, never a 150. How many of these are out there? I'd like to pick it up even for how few and far between they must be.

Also if anybody has suggestions on things to look out for when looking to buy with these trucks, it'd be appreciated. I'm definately familiar with how hard it's been to find one with a good bed in this part of the country. On that note, did the crew cabs used the same bed length as the standard cab trucks?
Old 09-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Cool New Guy

Anyone? I'm also concerned about availability of cab specific parts, such as exhaust, tonneau convers, etc...If I knew whether or not it shared wheelbases and bed lengths(does it share wheelsbase with super cab long bed, and use standard bed length?) that would be helpful. The guy got back to me about it and it's rust free, I'm pretty interested, but I am still a little weary of these couple things.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:27 PM

Received 216 Likes on 193 Posts

Welcome to the site!

Suggest that with its limited availability - specific parts may be very hard to come by - thinking of the rear doors, for one - perhaps the rear driveshaft, too. Wasn't even aware that these critters existed until another user posted a pic several months back.

Suspect the bed would be the standard short-bed used on standard and extended cabs - the 6-1/2 foot version.

As far as the wheelbase, what you said sounds reasonable - but unless someone else has the specs, it may get down to pulling out a tape measure to compare.

Good luck - if you do decide to buy it - be sure to post pics.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Cool New Guy

Here's the one I'm looking at. Poor pic, but it's all I got right now.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:30 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

the factory never built that truck.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Cool New Guy

Actually I've been doing a research now that this has gotten my interest, and these trucks were built and referred to as the C-150...Centurion Vehicles in White Pigeon Michigan did the conversions for Ford on both trucks and Broncos. I have seen the 4-door bronco version before, and actually pass one on my way to work every day, and didn't make the connection until now.

I also found one of these in Autotrader in a 2WD.

Quick Reply: Crew Cab 150