Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Computer chip

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
When in doubt, floor it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Computer chip

Alright...so i was juts dinking around on the internet and found this one chip made by hypertech. I saw that what you actually do is call this place up, tell them what you all have done to your engine, they customize this chip so your computer will function with what you did to your engine. So i saw a post on this earlier by someone. Dixiedarkhorse said something about this expect actually bringing it in and having a shop dyno the truck and all the business. so....i was wondering...do ya think this is a good idea since i dont have that option?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 PM
New-to-me F150 Owner

I'd do a tried and true method of supping up the truck... instead of a "magic chip".
Remember, There's not a big difference in having a powerful truck and a truck you can't drive in the rain. Just keep that in mind during your modding.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:21 PM
When in doubt, floor it

Its not the fact that i "want" the chip. its the fact that if i punch it out .30 over, new intake, all that business and port and polish the heads.....will i need to redo the computer to "hold" the power.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you are doing it right, if you purchase a chip from a reputable maker that designed it for you mods you should be good to go. Usually you will also need to upgrade your injectors along with everything else, these are usually recommended by the chip manufacturer.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Hybrid Truck

I use a tweecer on mine up side of that is I can keep changing the settings
myself down side is 95 EECs from trucks kinda suck because to get the best bang out of this chip is the ability for me to data log and you cant with truck EECs but i kinda found a way around that.

Quick Reply: Computer chip