Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Both Power Windows stopped working

Old 06-12-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both Power Windows stopped working

I inherited an 1989 F150 from my Dad who passed away last year. It has 27K original miles on it, but it sat in his driveway for about 5 years without moving. Had to change belts, hoses, thermostat, fuel filters and fuel tanks, etc. But I got it going and drove it back to UT from SC.

First the passenger-side, then the driver-side power windows quit working. Both doing the same thing. I hear the motor trying, but it seems like somethings not engaging. I hear a sort of click, click like a gear is trying to push up and if I help it by pushing, I can eventually get it all the way up. But there's a lot of slop up and down, and it won't stay up. It slowly works its way down a few inches.

I'm brand-spanking new here and appreciate any help you can give me to keep my Dads truck going. Thank you all!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:16 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Take the motors out and get a rebuild kit for them. Any real parts store should be able to help you. Teh kit is nothing but some plastic ***** that go in the motor.
The following users liked this post:
oakshadsows (06-17-2015)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Both Power Windows stopped working