Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Besides a wrecker, where can I get???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Besides a wrecker, where can I get???

I have a 1994 XLT 4x4, the interior needs some missing parts and each time I go to the wrecker the parts are either worse condition or do not match do to the fact it is an XLT.

The Parts missing are as follows just in case you guys have them, other wise can you link me a aftermarket store that actually carries stuff for our older Fords please.
Drivers side:
1- I need the weather strip that is on the inside of the door at the top of the door panel, it is Black. Not sure if it is actually called a weather strip or not.
2- Below it is Fords version of brushed aluminium, it is the piece that goes around the entire truck as a trim piece, it is about 1 inch high and the width of the door. My problem here is again finding it in that fake brushed colour. ( here is where I would like to maybe replace all of them with after market if they make it )
3- The Dash pad, I am sure you have all cracked dash pads, mine is just delaminating, but looks like crap. It is Grey, but I personally do not care if you have a brown one, just long as it is in good shape. This is the piece that is above glove box and goes around radio.
4- Same area and again back to that brushed trim piece, the piece this time is the long straight one that goes below that Dash pad in between glovey and pad.

Now I know before when I first bought the truck you could order these parts from Ford and from aftermarket places, especially the dress up stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have exhausted in the last two years all the wreckers here, and we have a lot.

Thanks in advance and I know this should more likly be in the WTB section, but I am hoping to get some good links for aftermarket for this year of truck as well from you guys.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The weatherstripping you're referring to is actually the window felt...In my experience, you're better off ordering that from Ford. What's wrong with your trim pieces? I painted mine.Here's a few dash pads. http://www.nloc.net/classifieds/show...ct/13898/cat/3
Old 12-18-2009, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

check LMC Truck, they can be a little pricey sometimes but usually have every replacement part imaginable
Old 12-18-2009, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rockauto.com They have fast and fair shipping, and from what I have been able to see the parts prices are good too.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

i do believe you can buy everything but the frame for a truck from lmctruck lol
Old 12-19-2009, 09:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm telling you from experience..do not buy the window felts from anywhere but FoMoCo....the "other" ones get crappy in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Besides a wrecker, where can I get???