Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Another window motor thread (not asking for tech support)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 06:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Another window motor thread (not asking for tech support)

Haven't been on this forum for a while. Still have my '95 F-150, had it for 17 years, nothing goes wrong, it seems to run better every day! Anyway, I've had the infamous window motor problem for the last few years and just ignored it. Got the old truck inspected today and the damn window wouldn't go back up, passed inspection, but I need my AC which works great and I've never put an ounce of refrigerant in it. I've seen several posts and youtube videos documenting the fix and I had the new gear/cogs to fix it so I figured this is the time. I took the door panel off, drilled a couple holes, took the motor out, took it apart and of course the bushings are trash. I could have put in a couple of 1/4 inch nuts but I used the supplied nylon parts. Here's my question finally, haha! Why did Ford use those small nylon cylinders? Why didn't they just make the entire assembly one piece? If it breaks we need to replace it anyway. Is it safety? Is it convenience?
-Steve-
Old 08-18-2014, 08:06 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Probably seemed like a good idea at the time.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Ahahahahahaha!!!

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The same reason all auto manufacturers do things like that, to get people to come to the dealership and make them money.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Drive like you stole it

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhaman
The same reason all auto manufacturers do things like that, to get people to come to the dealership and make them money.
Ding ding ding!!!!!! ^ this guy gets it! Auto manufacturers have the capability to make a one million mile car but..... They need the cars to break to make money.

Quick Reply: Another window motor thread (not asking for tech support)