Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

91 lowered F150 most wheel offset?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 lowered F150 most wheel offset?

Hi guys, I have a 91 F150 2wd long bed that my wife's grandfather bought new and had passed it on to me with 20k original miles on the ticker. All original, and impecably maintained. My plans are to lower it and turn it into a "shop" truck. Maybe even a patina paint job. What I know for sure is i want to lower it but still be functional, and the wheels I'm going with are the American Racing Salt Flat wheels. I need some help figuring out offset, and what will work. I want the max amount of negative offset to where the tires will be just inside the lip of the fender incase I'm under load, and want that deep dish look. I have settled on a 17x10 or 17x11 in these wheels for the rear and either a 17x8 or 17x9.5 in the front. Need to know what would be recommended for those sizes and what the offset should be so I don't need to use spacers. Also what size tire would look the best on that set up? I don't want rubber band tires, I want some meat on them, and I'm planning on re-gearing, so a taller tire is not a problem. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm sure i could figure it out, but I'm sure someone on this forum has already figured it out.

Quick Reply: 91 lowered F150 most wheel offset?