Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

302 headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:53 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 302 headers

my dad is currently replacing the head gaskets on his 87 bronco and i thought it would be nice to install a set of headers while everything is apart. what would be a nice set to go with. cheap is the main issue.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi-Rev Motorsports

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts

why go cheap....

you'll have to get the exhaust hooked up or run new...and on cheap headers they only last 2 or 3 years if that on a daily driver...1 year on salted roads in winter driving....

spend the extra and get the cerama-coated...I prefer Hedman headers....best place is Summit racing or Jegs...
Old 11-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Mechanicalmike08

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yea dont buy summits **** brand headers either there super cheap and i dont really like them
Old 11-07-2009, 10:38 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

well, money is really tight right now. we might just say forget it and leave the stock manifolds on. he really only drives the bronco to work and back which is like 6-7 miles each way. possibly some ocasional wheeling but lately we havent.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by green machine
well, money is really tight right now. we might just say forget it and leave the stock manifolds on. he really only drives the bronco to work and back which is like 6-7 miles each way. possibly some ocasional wheeling but lately we havent.
Seen that movie! Watchin the sequel even as we speak. Better to run what ya got till you can do it right. I've always thought of headers as a wounderful luxury, rather than a necessity. Personally, I think an Ignition upgrade & a timing bump is easier, cheaper, more fun to do & a very noticeable performance enhancement. You'll probably forget all about headers when your done. I did! This Mod can be done for a hair over a C-note!!!! I recently had an overheat problem (thermostat) and retarded my timing back to stock to get to the parts store. I thought somebody had hooked me to a 30 trailer while I wasn't looking. There's that pronounced of a difference!!! http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/show...ht=timing+bump

Quick Reply: 302 headers