Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

1993 f150 fuse box melted

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 f150 fuse box melted

Sounds like this is kind of common. I just bought this truck and the speedo, done lights and the radio didn't work. After doing some research on here, fuse 8 controls all of these things. I checked that fuse and the fuse was fine, probably was replaced and the plastic around it was melted. Of course I know that it needs replaced but I want to figure out what might have caused it before I go and replace it just for it to happen again. What could cause that?
Old 11-15-2023, 04:10 PM

Received 503 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan R
Sounds like this is kind of common. I just bought this truck and the speedo, done lights and the radio didn't work. After doing some research on here, fuse 8 controls all of these things. I checked that fuse and the fuse was fine, probably was replaced and the plastic around it was melted. Of course I know that it needs replaced but I want to figure out what might have caused it before I go and replace it just for it to happen again. What could cause that?
The cause is excessive current draw due to a short, dirty or corroded connections at the fuse connections resulting in resistance. Current flow through resistance causes heat.

Quick Reply: 1993 f150 fuse box melted