Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

1992 I6 Engine restore oil additive?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 I6 Engine restore oil additive?

my strait six has a little bit of a miss and has no bawls what to speak of... I know this truck has a low horsepower rating and decent torque .. I was wondering if anyone has added the RESTORE engine restorer to their oil at oil change Ive heard mixed things about this and with these 300Ci I6's beeing as reliible as they are Could this help my truck..
I drive about 50 miles round trip every day to my auto class and back to my highschool and have put almost 10k on it seince i bought it last may... truck has always struggled for power but when pulling things not extremely often but i have (trees that are on the ground so i could cut them) it dosnt seem to struggle.. i know the inline six is not a performance engine.. but should have more ***** then it does now..
So HAS anyone used RESTORE in a I6 and had good results
Old 01-25-2010, 04:06 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

I'd go w/ running 20% Lucas oil stabilizer. Checking your base timing. Bump it up to 12-14 BTDC. You'll like your truck's performance more & get a little better MPG. Remember you have to remove the SPOUT plug to check &/or adjust the Base time.

Quick Reply: 1992 I6 Engine restore oil additive?