Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

1989 f150 mirror problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 f150 mirror problems

Hey guys, I got some new mirrors for the truck like a month or so ago, and they keep going out of wack every time I shut the door. The driver side isn't so bad since all i have to do is roll the window down, but the passenger side is the worst to deal with. It probably doesn't help that i have to slam the doors to close them. They are new so is is there any way to tighten them down or are they just crappy replacements? If they are crappy replacements anyone got any idea where to get some good mirrors?

Picture of what they look like

Thanks
Old 01-21-2020, 11:02 AM

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,489 Posts

They're just crappy. All aftermarket bubble-back mirrors are. You can try adding something like threadlocker or superglue inside the swivel ball after you have the mirror adjusted where you need it, but it may not work for long. They might get better as they age, due to rust in the swivel making it stickier. When I got sick of fighting them, I swapped to the later flag-mount mirrors, as explained in the captions of this photo album:

(phone app link)

Quick Reply: 1989 f150 mirror problems