Topic Sponsor

Electrical problem NEED HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem NEED HELP!!!!

I have a 1987 F150 Custom with a 4.9 cyl I haven't been able to drive it for the past year because I've been having problems. The truck was working and running perfectly until the cigarette lighter started a electrical fire. After the fire everything was still working good until I drove it down the street and the battery died. The solenoid and the alternator wire had shorted out after the burn had both changed but it cranks and turn over then shuts off immediately. wasn't getting fuel pressure so i changed the entire fuel system. Now all it does is crank. What could possibly be the problem i heard mechanics say its the timing and I've heard them say its the crank sensor or wiring. I need feedback ASAP ill take all thoughts and advice I need all the help i can get.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 PM

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts

OK, here's my 2 cents worth, and that's probably over priced. I just helped someone get their truck running after a year and it had several issues. No spark was the first we solved and then timing and now it runs fine. I would check for spark, then fuel, and then timing when you have both. Obviously, there a lot of factors in each, but since you had an electrical issue, I would start with spark.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks my mechanic jus said the same thing I'll look into that.

Quick Reply: Electrical problem NEED HELP!!!!