Topic Sponsor

Battery Isolator Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Isolator Problems

Hi, I have a 1995 f150 with a dual battery setup. 1 for starting and the other for my audio and extra lights. Recently I replaced my Isolator because I was having problems with my 2nd battery(for lights and audio) spraying acid all over. Everything still worked that was hooked up to the battery but the radio would cut out but the head unit would still be on. My battery gauge would drop dramatically to almost all the way to low.After getting some thought on what the problem was, i came to a conclusion that the battery isolator was bad because the 2nd battery was getting overcharged(which explains the battery acid spraying out).So I just replaced it a few days ago and its been running great. Except for today. I started it at lunch time and got to a stop sign and it stalled. I put it back in park and tried to start it and it hesitated to start big time. From then on it ran great again. Later this afternoon i started it again and drove home, except the battery gauge was lower then usual but not drastically low. I have tried a lot of different things for the past few months and thought i finally figured it out. I guess i might have been wrong. What are some thoughts of what could be going on? Anything I havent tried would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Battery shouldn't overcharge. Bad regulator.

Quick Reply: Battery Isolator Problems