Topic Sponsor

Slave cylinder? or master cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave cylinder? or master cylinder?

Hello, new to the site; having issues the trusty old blue. peddle stuck to the floor at a light, after looking under it I realized the slave cylinder line had come out of the quick connect. I removed the clip then reinserted the line and the clip, but still no pressure on the clutch peddle and it only returns if I pull it. the quick connect housing in the tranny turns I'm not sure that's supposed to happen. I assume the slave cylinder is bad but before removing the tranny I want to exhaust all options. Why wont the peddle build pressure? could it be a master cylinder issue? the linkage is all hooked up. I am praying their is some way I can return this to working order without changing the slave cylinder. I thought reconnecting the line would solve the issue. Am I missing something? thanks for your time!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:09 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

You have to pump the hell out of it sometimes before the pedal comes back. At first you will have to pull the pedal up, until it starts to come back. The connector does rotate, that's normal. If the pedal doesn't come back, unhook the line and pump it unhooked. The line seals itself off when unhooked. If the pedal comes back and gets rock hard to where it doesn't push down anymore, you need the slave. If it doesn't, you need the master.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:13 AM

thanks man, unfortunately the peddle got hard, I just cant figure out why the line came off, what is the odds the line blows off and the slave cylinder goes out at the same time?
Old 08-23-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

What makes you think your slave is bad. It coulda just blew off. Did you fill the reservoir back up with brake fluid.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 AM

that's what I'm hoping, I reattached the line and its still acting up. it has fluid. any trick to bleeding the line I'm going to try to bleed it to the best of my ability before I finish removing the tranny.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:47 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Just need to keep pumping the pedal and adding fluid. Thats all you do to bleed it. Pump it a few times and fill it with fluid. It sounds like its low to me.

Quick Reply: Slave cylinder? or master cylinder?