Topic Sponsor

93 clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 clutch problems

Alright, so I have a 93 f150 with a straight six and a 5 speed transmission and 217k miles, and its a 4x4 if that makes any sort of difference which I dont think it does. One day I was leaving work and my clutch had no pressure, and I found out it was the slave cylinder. So dropped the tranny and replaced it, and replaced the clutch and throw out bearing while I was in there. I drove it home that night, and to and from work and to lunch the next day (yesterday) and it drove fine, but the clutch was just a little soft. I went out to put my shifter boots and ***** back on after I got home from work, and had to make a trip to the parts store, it drove fine up there, but when I came out to get back in it, the clutch wouldnt go to the ground. So I forced it down (which was stupid I know) and it broke the clutch safety switch (I know thats what broke cause it wont start with the clutch on the floor) and went all the way to the floor, and popped the line out when it did and there was obviously no pressure in the clutch after that. Put the line back in and tried to bleed it. Didnt really work. Still no clutch pressure and a broken switch. Anybody know what the problem could be? I had a wrecker haul it and the company are family friends, the wrecker guy said that the part that goes into the switch mightve gotten binded up and kept the pedal up, and thats why it broke when I forced it to the ground, and he said I might need a new master cylinder to fix the bleeding/pressure issue. Any input? Thanks in advance
Old 01-21-2015, 02:19 AM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

You didn't have the line all the way in. It popped out and when it does the pedal won't push down. When you forced the pedal down you bent the rod which broke the switch, and possibly damaged the master.
The following users liked this post:
CrazyBroncoLover (01-23-2015)
Old 01-21-2015, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean
You didn't have the line all the way in. It popped out and when it does the pedal won't push down. When you forced the pedal down you bent the rod which broke the switch, and possibly damaged the master.
Okay, so what all parts should I replace?
Old 01-23-2015, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clutch M/C and the interlock switch. But look under the dash and see if anythings messed up. Get a repair manual and start asking questions before you even begin.

Quick Reply: 93 clutch problems