Topic Sponsor

Timing Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Timing Issue?

When I did my six liter tune up, I discovered my distributor was stuck. Finally got me a MSD and successfully got old dist. loose late yesterday and got new one in. It first started and sounded like a T-model. I thought maybe I had it one plug off but before I pulled it out, I thought maybe just the timing was off. I run the timing up by moving the dist. to my left. Not using a light yet. I do have one though. It idled some what as normal, no miss but when I went to drive it, it had no power. Old saying wouldn't pull a sick ***** off the pot was an understatement. So any ideas as to what the issue is? This is my only vehicle and I need to get this problem fixed today. I have no other way to work and I work a crazy shift (11 am- 7 pm) so no one coming by that could pick me up. Thanks in advanced.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:02 PM

Just needed more timing. Running beautifully.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:08 PM

Last weekend, I changed over to side gapped plugs. At the same time, I thought of bumping my timing up because at 13 I was very disappointed with my mpg improvement. I had installed 9-27-28 a new MSD distributor and had timing, I thought, set at 13. Being the wires short on new dizzy. When I went to lock it down it moved back to 10. I now have it set for sure on 13BTDC. I was amazed at my other plugs which were a little over a year old. All were white as cotton with the exception of two which were a light beige. #4 was what interested me more because when I pulled the original plug out, it was black and seemed a little oily. Did the PVC reroute and it looked as good as the rest on this change. Truck seems to run better than it ever has. From one red light to a sign I got 80 mph at the floor and still climbing. This distance is less than 1.5 tenths of a mile. Not shabby for a stock 5.8. Just a little update to tuning for those who are interested.

Quick Reply: Timing Issue?