Topic Sponsor

Warm Start Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warm Start Issue

1996, straight 6, 61,000 miles, F150 w/two tanks, A/C and everything stock. There is no cooling stuff on the injectors.

She starts right up cold and runs great. Shut it off and let her sit a few minutes and it loads up bad on start up and as soon as she clears it runs great Every now and then it will quit coming to a stop sign or acts like it just stays in gear. When she starts it has to clear itself. It always starts. It acts to me like a vapor lock on a a non fuel injected engine. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Don in ENC
Old 10-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Firefighter

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a 1993 with an issue similar to this... When it starts acting up, take off the gas cap and try again. If it starts and runs fine, the issue should be the fuel regulator near the fuel rail. On my truck, this was replaced for free by Ford (in 2005) as a Safety TSB had been issued and guarantees repair at any time. Hope this helps!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem now and i can't figure out what the cause is.Were you able to figure out the problem and were you able to fix it.Thanks.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not yet

I haven't figured it out yet. Now that the weather is consistently cooler it is running perfect! I have talked to a wrench that thinks he may know and I will be dropping it off to him over the holidays. That hot start on a hot (over 70) day is the only time it acts up.
The following users liked this post:
96fordman (12-13-2012)

Quick Reply: Warm Start Issue