Topic Sponsor

engine to trans connect. please help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine to trans connect. please help.

so i feel stupid on this one but id wrather do it right instead of twice . recently i have pulled out the transmission and motor so i can do mounts and reseal it and all the good stuff after 210,000 it was about do. for some reason i can not find (probably because i dont remember ) the bolts that hold transmission to engine. i have 2 bolts in it one on either side to hold it in place so i can continue. so my question would be how many and where the bolts go also head size and length. i cant seem to track down this info and do not feel like it would be smart to drive with two bolts holding it there. even though they naturally put pressure on each other to hold in place. i have a 1996 f150 4.9 inline w/ 5 spd manual trans eddie bauer edition. i believe it is the mazda transmission. i am borrowing someones truck until i can figure it all out should be completely finished with reassembly tomorrow. sooner the better for an answer. thank you guys for any and all useful replies it is greatly appreciated. hopefully i can return favor one day i know these computer systems like the back of my hand.had it posted in how to appearantley wrong area need help within few days or ill have to jerry rig it. any info or website would be helpful. thank you in advance
Old 06-16-2013, 11:34 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Take one out and take it to Lowes. Match it up, the threads and length is all that matters. Six, the top two are about a half inch shorter.

Quick Reply: engine to trans connect. please help.