Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Retrofit shroud mounting

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 08:58 PM
minitrucker

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Retrofit shroud mounting

So I'm doing my first retrofit. I bought everything on Black Friday so I got the best stuff I could since I was getting a good price. I finally got started on this ,all is going well other than I can't seem to find any pixs of how deep everyone is mounting the projector. I have the buckets cut, my projectors sit well in there. Should I cut the shrouds to match the contour of the bucket or do I just recess the projector till the shroud touches in spots (leaving gaps where shroud meets the bucket. To cut the contour of the bucket seems really tough but doable. I don't want to waste all the time and take the chance of messing one up if it's not that critical. I hope this makes sense. It does in my mind just sounds weird in print.

Here is a list of what I got.
Morimoto led fogs -already installed
3" Morimoto fx-r projectors
Morimoto xb 55 ballasts
D2s xb 5500k bulbs
Panmera shrouds

I'm not real sure on the bulbs. I winged it and hope they match the morimoto fogs.

Thanks

Last edited by 1lowranger; 02-18-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:06 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Functionally, either option you mentioned will work. On my last truck I retrofitted, I used your second option, recess the projector until the shroud just touches the buckets in a couple spots, leaving a gap in other spots. The shroud still prevented light leaking and the projectors functioned as they should. All comes down to personal preference.

Quick Reply: Retrofit shroud mounting