Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

XLT LED/BLIS Taillight installation

Old 02-05-2016, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default XLT LED/BLIS Taillight installation

Anyone able to provide information/experiences with how to install OEM LED/BLIS lights on a 2015 XLT.

Note: This is not a question of is it worth it or is it to expensive, and please do not respond with trade it in for a Lariat Looking for technical knowledge and real world experiences, not opinions. Thx!!!!
Old 02-18-2016, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump, I'm interested in this as well! Anyone done it, Ford Service/Parts people could you chime in with possibility or not?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:08 AM
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Well I don't have much experience but I can tell you the OEM LED lights will require a wiring harness. Either purchased or self-made. I think they cost a few hundred online for the wiring harnesses.

If you are talking about the BLIS/LED taillights... is this even possible without all the other tech in the vehicle?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vycor
Well I don't have much experience but I can tell you the OEM LED lights will require a wiring harness. Either purchased or self-made. I think they cost a few hundred online for the wiring harnesses.

If you are talking about the BLIS/LED taillights... is this even possible without all the other tech in the vehicle?
Thanks for chiming in. I've seen BLIS as an option on XLTs with no change in console or cluster. That's why I'm asking if anyone has experience with trying this upgrade.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Ohh then I'd be interested in hearing as well... I have an XLT with the 302a package and would love info on the BLIS upgrade

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XLT LED/BLIS Taillight installation