Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Hella Black Magics

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 PM

Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Hella Black Magics

So I just got my Hella lights in the mail today. I am going to mount them behind my grill but on the installation instructions it says to splice them into the headlights. I would rather not do this so could i just run them straight off the battery? or is that not a good choice because of them getting constant current even while the truck is off. My first experience with wiring stuff on my truck so any input would be greatly appreciated as well as pics if you have them.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by f1504L1F3
So I just got my Hella lights in the mail today. I am going to mount them behind my grill but on the installation instructions it says to splice them into the headlights. I would rather not do this so could i just run them straight off the battery? or is that not a good choice because of them getting constant current even while the truck is off. My first experience with wiring stuff on my truck so any input would be greatly appreciated as well as pics if you have them.

They should have come with a relay, wire harness, and a switch. You don't have to splice them into the headlights if you don't want. I have a pair and i just skiped the step of splicing the headlights wire part. The reason for hooking them in the headlights is to cut them on or off when you select high beam depending on how you wire them.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 PM

Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts

yeah it has all that is needed to install it. I was just making sure that i could run it straight off the battery? I dont want to splice into the headlights because I dont want to have to have my headlights on all the time when i have my Hellas on.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by f1504L1F3
yeah it has all that is needed to install it. I was just making sure that i could run it straight off the battery? I dont want to splice into the headlights because I dont want to have to have my headlights on all the time when i have my Hellas on.

Yes you can wire straight to the battery.

Quick Reply: Hella Black Magics