Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone make a Class V hitch for F150?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Anyone make a Class V hitch for F150?

I had a class V on my GMC and had two 2.5" inserts, one with a 2" ball and one with a 2-5/16" ball.

I now have an F150 with a 2" receiver, so need to either buy two new inserts or a new class V receiver.

Does anyone make a class V (2-1/2" reciever) for a Ford F150?????
Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

With the towing capacity of the truck there is no need for a class V hitch. I would suggest a couple ball mounts.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

New hitch would cost way more than an insert and ball. Didn't you know going in that every 1/2 ton has a 2"? Sounds like you're disappointed, that's the only reason I ask. For what it's worth, the maxtow/HD F150 hitch is about as stiff as they come, as far as 1/2 tons. When I tightened up the WDH on my GMC 1/2 ton, the hitch deflected more than the bars. Not the case on this truck.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Ulterior motive

Originally Posted by Buck50HD
New hitch would cost way more than an insert and ball. Didn't you know going in that every 1/2 ton has a 2"? Sounds like you're disappointed, that's the only reason I ask. For what it's worth, the maxtow/HD F150 hitch is about as stiff as they come, as far as 1/2 tons. When I tightened up the WDH on my GMC 1/2 ton, the hitch deflected more than the bars. Not the case on this truck.
I bought my Duramax to carry an 11' Lance Camper. When towing with the camper on the truck, I needed a class V (2.5") receiver and a 4' extension that went under the camper and ended up behind the camper.

The extension was 2.5" on one end which slid into the class V truck end and the other end was reduced to 2" so a regular 2" insert could be used. Worked fine, but had other benefits also.

When carrying long boards in an empty truck bed, I could put the extension into the truck and use a 2" bar stock welded at 90° that was level with the truck bed so I could haul 16'-18' ft boards and they rested on the T.

I kind of liked that so buying a new receiver seemed a better solution than buying new 2" inserts. Again, I am lazy so don't like having to remove a 2" ball and installing a 2-5/16" ball when I can have two inserts, one with a 2" and the other with a 2-5/16" ball. Much easier.

Quick Reply: Anyone make a Class V hitch for F150?